Industry: Management Consulting, Digital
Company: DELVE (www.delvepartners.com) | Location: Boulder, CO
Position Title: Digital Analyst / Media Trader (Trainee) | Trainee Salary: $12.5/hr.
Digital Analytics and Media Trading: Industry Background
Digital Analytics and Media Trading have been one of the fastest growing industries over the last 15 years. The growth within the industry continues to accelerate. The industry changes rapidly and offers rewarding career opportunities. We encourage you to review the following sample articles relevant to Digital Analytics/7Media Trading:
- Importance of Digital Analytics: https://www.emarketer.com/Article/Data-Analytics-Hot-Right-Now/1011841
- Explosive growth in Programmatic Media Trading: https://www.emarketer.com/Article/More-Than-Two-Thirds-of-US-Digital-Display-Ad-Spending-Programmatic/1013789
- Rapid shift from TV to Digital Ad spending: https://www.emarketer.com/Article/US-Digital-Ad-Spending-Surpass-TV-this-Year/1014469
Position Description: Digital Analyst / Media Trader (Trainee)
Do you enjoy diving into data and finding patterns? Are you interesting in learning what drives sales for any ecommerce business, using advanced digital data analysis techniques? Would you enjoy the excitement – and riskiness – associated with handling hundreds of thousands of dollars when trading digital media on the clients’ behalf? Would you like to develop an analytical, media, technical and business skillset that will allow you to ultimately ascend to leadership positions at any brand that has online presence?
We are looking for candidates for Data Strategist and Media Trader (Trainee) Positions, at DELVE, a #1-rated Google Analytics and DoubleClick Partner. We encourage you to read Reviews from over 30 DELVE customers here on our Google Partner Page.
In this role, you need to be prepared to “work hard and play hard”, and in return will receive professional growth and financial satisfaction.
- Data Tools – You should like data and numbers. You really need to enjoy and be proficient in Excel. If you can code, that’s wonderful, but not necessary. However, you also should appreciate how PowerPoint can assist in communicating a complex data-exploration process during a client call.
- Technology – We will teach you about digital analytics and media platforms, and how to extract insights to help clients “win with honest data”, using our “Clear ROI” media attribution methodology. You will be working with what we consider to be the ‘best in class’ AdTech, the DoubleClick by Google ‘stack’.
- Clean Data – We will educate you about the process of looking at a brand’s digital data, how to clean it to create the foundation for future insights, and how tools such as Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager are essential to any online business’s intelligence capabilities.
- Analysis– You should be excited about conducting basic or advanced data analysis – alone or with your team-mates. To succeed at Delve, optimally you should find it fun and satisfying when working with small or large data-sets (e.g. using Excel), and identifying patters that prove or disprove a given hypothesis. You don’t need to be a Math or Engineering major, but you need to have the rigor to think through an analytics problem step by step, while being open minded and creative.
- Insight and Results – We will teach you how to analyze data, and explain patterns/insights to clients – you will learn how to explain and influence using logic and data. We aim to help clients reallocate time and money from business activities that don’t work, to marketing tactics that deliver value to the brand.
- Communication – Finally, and critically, you will be exposed to regular communications with clients; eventually helping manage client calls on both Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager and Media/DoubleClick Engagements. Listening and understanding each client’s individual needs, requirements and expectations is something that you are going to learn over time.
– Project Management – You will be trained to project manage the activities and tasks in-between client calls.
– Strategic Planning – Preparing monthly and quarterly presentations to synthesize what has been completed to date and provide plans through the next quarter.
– Account Management – Working with leadership to track budgets and investments for each client and project. Provide forecasts for future needs and educate and explain to clients new ideas to grow their business.
Who should apply:
- Undergrads, Juniors and Seniors; all Majors are encouraged to apply
- Students who attend the Graduate School of Business
When to apply
- Fall 2017 Trainee program (part time) – at your earliest convenience
- Summer 2017 Trainee program (full time) – at your earliest convenience
- Data Strategist or Media Trader positions (full time) – at your earliest convenience
Will temporary/full- or part-time Trainee positions turn into full-time/permanent positions?
- Yes. Select Analysts or Traders, who will need to graduate by the time of the offer, will be invited to a full-time position with Delve starting May 2017.
How to apply:
- Please email:
- Cover Letter,
- Resume (thank you for sharing your SAT / GMAT scores and GPA in your Resume), and
- an Unofficial Transcript,
- to firstname.lastname@example.org
If invited to an interview, please be ready to address and discuss the following:
- You should be able to explain why you are interested in learning how to become a Digital Analyst / Media Trader using platforms such as Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook or DoubleClick. We encourage you to read the following content prior to interviewing:
- Digital Analytics (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager):
- Media Trading (DoubleClick Bid Manager, AdWords, Facebook Business)
- Display with DoubleClick: https://www.doubleclickbygoogle.com/solutions/digital-marketing/
- Paid Search with AdWords: https://adwords.google.com
- Paid Social with Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/overview
- Keen interest in digital business philosophies, being genuinely excited about the growth within the Digital Analytics and Media Trading industry are a ‘must’.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Willingness to participate in meetings and communicate insights with clients (who are at CMO, VP or Director level) over phone or in person
- Ultimately, desire to inspire clients with engaging data storytelling; being emphatic, thoughtful and compelling.
- Ability to discuss interest in becoming an expert in one of Delve’s “service verticals” such as Web Analytics Guru or Media Trader – to learn more, please go to the following link to view the types of “roles” that Delve is engaged for by clients: http://tinyurl.com/zg3ubg9