Industry: Management Consulting, Digital
Company: DELVE (www.delvepartners.com) | Location: Boulder, CO
Position Title: Business Development Analyst or Manager | Salary: very competitive
Digital Analytics and Media Trading: Industry Background
Digital Analytics and Media Trading have been one of the fastest growing industries over the last 15 years. The growth within the industry continues to accelerate. The industry changes rapidly and offers rewarding career opportunities.
Delve is a #1 Google Analytics and DoubleClick Partner. We provide clients who have strong online presence, with the process, people and technology to equip them to win and grow their digital sales.
Delve is a heavy user and re-seller of the DoubleClick Digital Marketing ‘stack’ or DDM. Clients work with us because of our intense focus on ‘truth in data’, our commitment to Strategic Analytics and Advanced Media Buying. Our commitment to the DDM stack (by Google), is a critical part of our value proposition.
Position Description: Business Development Analyst / Manager
IMPORTANT: the below list of duties/responsibilities represents an optimal candidate. If you are willing to grow into the role described down below, we will train you.
Since we already possess a strong pipeline of new leads/business, to start you role will be focused on:
- Following up with all Leads – email, LinkedIn, phone
- Setting up phone calls to understand the business needs for the incoming Leads
- Attending Prospect calls
- Taking detailed notes
- Managing our CRM system
- Designing and co-managing communications (emails, phone calls, Linked in, and online marketing) in our CRM system
We are seeking a high performing individual who combines analytical excellence, razor-sharp communication skills and an ability to build outstanding client relationships. The successful candidate will have a relentless work ethic and a desire to aggressively further business in an innovative, fast-paced company. Although not required, our ideal candidate will have a level of understanding of how agencies work with their clients to apply data and insights. Given the complex and cutting-edge nature of our products, the ideal candidate would already have ample skill and experience within the context of digital analytics or online media buying (especially Programmatic Display). However, given that as stated we already have a strong pipeline of new business, we are looking more for someone with the right attitude and passion for business development; specific industry experience is less critical.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Development Analyst / Manager will support the company’s goals through a range of business development, consulting, and analytic sales functions.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for selling our ‘best in class’ (by Google) AdTech solution ‘stack’ to online businesses such as online retailers, lead gen or subscription-based businesses, as well as to agency clients who need analytics/media support.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the clients’ business, in order to use real and detailed examples to demonstrate how the DoubleClick Digital Marketing (DDM) ‘stack’ suite can assist them in achieving their business objectives.
- Uncover and understand the business needs and challenges of our clients and address these through business analysis, recommendations and ongoing consultation based on our unique ability to provide clients with the right people, process and technology in the context of DDM.
- Achieve deep technical knowledge of the DDM full suite of services. This understanding can only be achieved through experience in deploying the DDM solutions which will require a commitment to learning and training.
- Forge solid, strategic relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts as well as internal account relationship stakeholders. The candidate must serve as a credible, trustworthy representative of Delve and our products, and ensure that he/she follow through on the product commitments made.
- Understanding of digital media marketing, current trends, and evolution of digital platforms is essential.
- Ability to communicate successfully with a diverse set of clients and decision makers, spanning all levels of client organizations and across various client functional areas (data/analytics, product, marketing).
- Develop & Implement a Successful Business Development Strategy.
- Help identify business opportunities with current as well as new clients and help source new leads.
- Educate and provide support in sales presentation skills to team.
- Assist in building highly strategic and account-specific business plans and deliver them successfully.
- Maintain and enhance Delve’s reputation as a leading-edge expert in the marketing and advertising marketplace.
- 1+ years experience in business development, or passion for the field.
- Highly aggressive professional with a proven track record of success in the (digital) marketing industry.
- Ability to strategically position digital data and analytics to propose and win business with clients. Specific experience managing or selling advertising effectiveness services preferred.
- Ability to build relationships and understanding of overall online ecommerce/lead gen businesses and their challenges, media planning and buying and deep knowledge of digital media, data and analytics.
- Strong communication skills; particularly the ability to create compelling, story-based demonstrations to illustrate applicability of our analytics solutions suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and account management aptitude; ability to quickly build trust within a large and diverse client organization
We are looking for a passionate digital analytics and marketing leader to evangelize the DoubleClick Digital Marketing (DDM) stack to our clients and lead our analytics and media team.